Team Leader Customer ServiceCustomer Relationship Management @Grayson Talent
Our client is seeking to recruit a Team Leader Customer Service to join their team. The ideal candidate for this role will be responsible for leading, supporting, motivating, and developing a team of Customer Service Agents, ensuring that key performance requirements and operational efficiencies are achieved in line with the company objectives.
Key Performance Areas
Ensure that an exceptional customer experience is consistently achieved:
- Ensure that the team achieves the agreed performance targets and that all customer queries are resolved effectively and efficiently within the set turnaround times.
- Attend to all escalated matters from Agents or Customers, ensuring customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Promote excellent customer service orientation within team of Agents and across the wider business.
- Continuously improve customer experience and service delivery statistics.
- Ensure Customer Excellence is achieved by driving and maintaining high standards of quality and integrity.
Make sure that all operational and quality efficiencies are adhered to:
- Drive the team’s efficiency targets.
- Establish and maintain productivity standards that are in line with business requirements.
- Consistently drive productivity by ensuring adherence to the workflows.
- Identify and escalate possible risk to the business as a result of procedural or system gaps.
Ensure service level agreements are adhered to:
- Ensure that the departments service level agreements are in place and are achieved.
- Constantly engage with management regarding any challenges identified to mitigate through appropriate measures.
- Ensure all team members have KPA’s and personal development plans in place with clear and tangible goals.
- Lead, guide, develop and support your agents by identifying and conducting coaching and training to achieve performance standards.
- Foster an environment that encourages and rewards innovation and challenges current methodologies.
- Promote staff engagement by ensuring adequate measures are in place to improve culture in the Department.
- Initiate and participate in motivational team and departmental activities.
- Effective workforce planning ensuring adequate resources are in place to meet departmental objectives by being actively involved in the talent acquisition process.
- Identify and manage behaviour in line with prescribed legislation and company policies and procedures.
- Capture required data in order to ensure all systems are up to date and accurate.
- Manage and track the team’s performance hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Provide accurate reports in line with the department’s requirements.
- Identify adverse variances and / or negative trends and proactively develop action plans to address this.
- Provide operational feedback to the Management team by identifying trends through data analysis.
- Participate in any projects as per the agreed KPA.
- Assist with the implementation and optimization of projects and assignments.
Qualifications & Accreditations
- Grade 12 / Matric or Equivalent
- A relevant tertiary qualification
Experience & Skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within the Customer Service / Support (inbound) industry in a Contact Centre environment.
- At least 1 to 2 years’ experience in leading a team within a deadline driven environment.
- Competent in MS Office packages, particularly MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Clear credit and criminal record.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Must be available to work shifts, weekends, and public holidays.
Attributes & Behaviours
- Strong motivational and leadership abilities with a positive attitude
- Effective decision making and problem-solving abilities.
- Display a customer centric attitude.
- Recognise opportunities for improvement and use initiative to introduce them.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with a proactive approach.
- Good analytical ability with excellent attention to detail.
- Resilient and change orientated.
Consciously develops self:
- Strong desire and initiative to develop self.
- Seeks honest feedback from others.
- Develops self-awareness and personal resilience.
- Consistently behaves with integrity.
Leads through inspiration:
- Invests in honest and constructive feedback.
- Dedicated to coaching and mentoring.
- Creates space for others to perform and grow.
- Builds high performing teams and celebrates success.
Aims to delight the customer:
- Is passionate about retail.
- Acts as an ambassador for the FinChoice brand.
- Committed to serving the customer.
- Relentlessly seeks out industry best practice.
Creative shapes the future:
- Adept at anticipating market trends.
- Rewards innovation and drives continuous improvement.
- Crafts compelling strategies and sets clear targets.
- Makes effective decisions and takes accountability.
Consistently delivers results:
- Consistently hits the numbers.
- Keeps raising the par on performance.
- Drives to the root cause of issues.
- Learns from mistakes and accepts no excuses.