Shift – Team LeaderQuality Assurance and Testing @Grayson Talent
Purpose of the role
To ensure that production targets are met on a daily basis by exercising high level of diligence on raw materials’ management and displaying exemplary team leading capabilities.
Planning & Control
To order raw materials (rock sand, cement, LPG) to ensure that optimal stocks are available for production by:
- Recording and sending stock reports on a timely basis.
- Sending cement and rock sand orders to suppliers promptly.
- Informing immediate superior in case of any discrepancy/ potential shortage noted.
- Ensuring that stock of semi-finished materials is optimal by organizing smart drying sessions.
To assist the production and maintenance supervisor in:
- Ensuring that preliminary preparations have been implemented with respect to products to be manufactured (Availability of bags, sewing thread, tools, plastic rolls etc.)
- Efficiently allocating jobs to team members.
- Providing online support to the operatives as & when required.
- Ensuring that lab clearances are strictly abided to.
Maintenance of Equipment
To assist the plant & maintenance supervisor in:
- Handing over maintenance checklist on a timely manner & reporting any deviation being noted.
- Troubleshooting equipment in case of need.
- Ensuring follow up of jobs with technicians.
- Daily verification of production PC’s prior to and after production.
- Ensuring a high level of housekeeping in all dedicated zones & on equipments.
Project and Change Management
To assist management in optimal implementation of set projects by:
- Making suggestions to management on opportunities for developments and improvements.
- Assisting the production and maintenance supervisor in communicating clearly to all those concerned the aims, advantages and progress of the project and creating the buy-in of all so that projects may be implemented in a participative and supportive environment.
Leadership and Management
To lead and manage the team in order to have fully competent and motivated employees who will fully achieve the Department’s objectives by:
- Assisting the production & maintenance supervisor by delegating and following up tasks assigned to meet production targets.
- Evaluating team members on a monthly basis in order to know whether set objectives are being attained and what new objectives need to be set.
- Organizing regular meetings with teams on targets’ follow up and actions required to improve performance.
- Inspiring his team towards common goals and improved results, ensuring good industrial relations and fostering effective teamwork.
- Managing and rewarding performance fairly and effectively.
Health and Safety S3
To follow up on all Health and Safety rules, regulations and policies to ensure that all employees adhere to a high level of safety and health by:
- Ensuring that Safety and Health Policies and Procedures are documented and communicated to everyone concerned (Employees and subcontractors) and that they are strictly followed.
- Making sure that Safety and Health remains the utmost priority for the department and sensitizing staff and employees regularly on its importance.
- Actively inspiring the team to participate in S3 programme.
Quality and Customer Service
To lay emphasis on quality of products and services in order to ensure that the clients are fully satisfied by:
- Ensuring that procedures are communicated and strictly followed by everyone to satisfy external & internal customers’ requirements.
- Proposing meetings to the production & maintenance for review of procedures that are inadequate in satisfying customers’ requirements and improving quality of service as and when required.
- Proper & prompt channeling of communication towards stakeholders.
Minimum required qualifications and experience
- NTC 2 in Electro Mechanic
- At least 2 years in a production environment
- Similar environment
Technical Competencies Required
- Knowledge of mechanics and electricity
- Knowledge of MS Office
- People management skills
- Fair and honest
- Organisational skills
- Negotiating skills
- Team worker and ability to work independently as well
- Ability to work in close collaboration with other departments
- Concentrated and focused
- Attentive to details
- Communication skills