Production ManagerEngineering @Grayson Talent
The production manager will oversee the production process, coordinating all production activities and operations:
- Plan and draw up a production schedule.
- Decide on and order the resources that are required and ensure stock levels remain adequate.
- Select equipment and take responsibility for its maintenance.
- Set the quality standards.
- Ensure that the production will be cost effective by estimating costs and negotiating and agreeing budgets.
- Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed.
- Monitor productivity rates and product standards and implement quality control programmes.
- Organise the repair of any damaged equipment.
- Liaise with different departments, teams and companies (suppliers, managers, clients).
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed at all times.
- Ensure customer orders are completed on time and to budget and that quality standards and targets are met.
- Work with General Manager to implement the company’s policies and goals.
- Collate and analyse data, putting together production reports.
- Supervise and motivate a team of workers.
- Review worker performance and identify training needs.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- At least five years’ experience.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Effective planning skill.
- An eye to detail.
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures.
- Good organisation skills.