Pre Sales EngineerCybersecurity IT @Grayson Talent
Our client is seeking to recruit a Pre-Sales Engineer (PSE) to join their team. The ideal candidate will support sales productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical close” in complex solutions and will collaborate with sales, service, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers. The PSE will also be responsible for achieving a profit and productivity quota made up of the combined expectations of the sales resources, market, and/or channel supported.
- Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer.
- Secures input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the customer firm. Adapts solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support.
- Coordinates closely with internal sales, sales support, and service resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements.
- Secures from customer technical staff commitments needed to ensure a deal’s “technical close.”
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales growth in assigned product lines, market areas, channel, or teams supported.
- Provides coaching and professional development to team-member sales associates, partners and customers in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
- Opportunistically pursues additional business development opportunities within customer firms.
- Collaborates with sales to ensure these opportunities are effectively covered and advanced.
- Monitors customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process, and alerts the sales and account teams to potential risks of deal closure.
Accountabilities and Performance Measures:
- Achieves assigned productivity and profitability quotas.
- Maintains deal through-put in early deal-sales process steps.
- Achieves product growth targets for the assigned geography, channel, sales team, or account base.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
- Reports to the Sales manager.
- Reports on a dotted-line basis to the sales team manager for the team supported.
- Works closely and collaboratively with the sales and account teams supported.
- Degree in ICT related field from an accredited institution
- Minimum three years of sales, pre-sales engineering in a business-to-business, large/strategic customer segment; or
- A record of achievement and technical solution expertise in a comparable sales, pre-sales or technical role.
- MCSE, CCNA, Symantec and Veritas product certification would be a definite advantage
- Sound communication and presentation skills in both English and French