Logistics Support AdministratorLogistics @Grayson Talent
- A large component of this role will entail the end-to-end life cycle of import / export shipments.
- Coordinate the procurement and supply of chemicals, including preparation of documentation and resources.
- Coordinate the entire deal flow with Vendors, Clients, and other stakeholders to ensure seamless execution of each transaction and that all communication and record keeping is up to date.
- Initiate procurement with vendors, following all relevant procurement processes and other procedures.
- Monitor and liaise with vendors and internal finance teams to ensure that payments, invoicing, cash flow and budgeting are current and accurate.
- Manage transaction payments and reconciliations.
- Maintain financial records as well as hard copy and electronic filing systems.
- Strong administrative skills – experience in dealing with shipping documents (Bills of Lading / Facilitating Switch Bills of Lading / Purchase Orders / Supplier Pro Forma Invoices / Invoicing to Clients).
- Perform other operational, administrative, and finance administration duties as directed.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Logistics and Shipping, and an understanding of the financial flow of procurement, supply, and invoicing to clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Management or equivalent.
- Candidates having experience in the procurement and supply of chemicals (specifically mining chemicals) will be a definite advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong communication skills (English – verbal, written).
- Well versed in using Microsoft Office, predominantly Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and experience in liaising with a range of partners, stakeholders and vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively at a range of administrative levels in a cross-cultural setting.
- Enthusiasm and ability to work as part of a team, while being able to work independently.