Compliance OfficerLegal and Compliance @Grayson Talent
Our client is seeking to hire a Compliance Officer to join their team. Reporting to the Head of Risk & Compliance, the Compliance Officer will hold a generalist function role within the team, focusing on financial promotions review and preparing management information. They will support the team on Advisory and Monitoring activities, as well as having ownership of routine and essential tasks. This role will suit a candidate with previous experience gained and who is looking for a broader compliance role.
- Reviewing and approving financial promotions and communications to ensure that they meet Regulatory standards. Overseeing the approval process.
- Preparing Management Information and board reports.
- Maintenance of risk and compliance registers.
- Assisting with risk management process and procedures.
- Conducting daily tasks, including requests, and maintenance of the stop and watch lists, maintenance of insider lists.
- Investigating breaches and incidents and identifying any root causes.
- Reviewing and signing off on-boarding for new clients.
- AML risk screening and monitoring.
- Liaising with the business to ensure outstanding recommendations are actioned.
- Submitting regulatory returns.
- Assisting with the annual compliance monitoring program, including scoping work, undertaking reviews and reporting on findings.
- Submitting the certification of senior manager, staff registration and deregistration applications.
- Monitoring payment flows in line with the AML policy.
- Dealing with queries from the business on various regulatory matters.
The role may also involve the following:
- Providing guidance on cross-border marketing activities.
- Working on regulatory projects.
- Keeping up to date with regulatory development.
- Training other staff on regulatory matters.
- Assisting with policy review, writing and updates.
- Can cover on other related compliance work.
The role will be Financial Crime oriented, with the following focus:
Financial Crime Monitoring:
- Undertake monitoring of client files on a risk-based approach to ensure compliance with the FSC, Registrar of Companies, internal policy requirements or any other regulations or policies as required.
- Perform post transaction monitoring on transaction effected including Sanctions.
- Ensures qualitative monitoring of PEP, high risk customers and high-risk jurisdictions.
- Support the reporting line in developing ad hoc monitoring for suspicious transaction reports raised.
- Undertake investigation/enquiries as assigned by the MRLO with and document appropriately.
- Scrutinise PEP or adverse media reports.
- Support the reporting line in ensuring the monitoring of outsourced services to Maitland Mauritius entities.
- Identify recurring themes, any breaches or non-compliance with policies, procedures or regulatory requirements.
Financial Crime Advisory:
- Understand the various AML/CFT, Sanction, Fraud and related financial crime legislations.
- Support in providing quality and solution driven advice to the first line in relation to client onboarding, file reviews, payments, ongoing client relationship or new customer proposals.
- Ability to support the reporting line in implementing required regulatory changes that impact the business.
Financial Crime Reporting:
- Maintain evidence of monitoring undertaken and working papers/e-papers in an auditable manner with records of assumptions, methodologies and source of information.
- Ensures the organisation of information to facilitate effective data access and analysis.
- Establish support in building monthly qualitative and quantitative reports with regards to the Financial Crime programme.
- Collaborate and follow-up with the first line on observations raised with regards to the monitoring undertaken by the compliance function.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in the financial services sector with a relevant degree.
- Relevant experience of working in investment management or wealth management.
- Compliance, operations, legal or accountancy background preferred.
- Good working knowledge of Regulatory regulations.
- Fluent with Excel, Word and PowerPoint with some experience in data manipulation.
- Good experience in the core tasks highlighted above essential.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and interact at all levels and who is credible in front of the business.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Team player with a positive and flexible attitude.
- Self-motivated to achieve goals to improve own and company performance.
- Questioning, probing and challenging mind-set in the interests of enhancing the control environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Works well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Ability to interact with stakeholders on client entities with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work in a timely and qualitative manner with minimum supervision.