Company and Trust Administration ManagerGlobal Business @Grayson Talent
Our client is seeking a Company and Trust Administration Manager to join their team. The company is one of the world’s leading independently owned family offices and the largest in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), as measured by its breadth of services, geographic reach and by assets under management, advice and administration.
The individual will manage and supervise the workload of the Client Administration teams whilst fully supporting the teams in ensuring that administrative processes adhere to company’s standards, accuracy, confidentiality of information recorded and undertake various projects.
This position reports to the Head of Middle Office – Mauritius and will be involved in the management of the Client Administration teams.
- Day to day supervision of the team
- Take responsibility for the management and sustainable performance of the team
- Periodic performance reviews and appraisals
- Managing operational risk
Principal Elements and Accountabilities
- Provide support in the management and co-ordination of all Client related matters (e.g.: corporate transactions, regulatory requirements, regulatory inspections etc.), managing the workflow and associated requirements;
- Managing your own portfolio of clients;
- Organize and prepare standard supporting documents related to corporate transactions;
- Co-ordinate and assist with preparation of board meeting materials;
- Ensure the maintenance of all statutory and administrative records;
- Maintain the corporate calendar for allocated structures and ensuring calendar events/requirements are dealt with on a timely basis;
- Arrange payment of fees and expenses in line with contracts and prepare payments instructions; and
- Work alongside the BCO on periodic due diligence reviews.
- Robust operational risk and incident management, with responsibility for managing the risk of clients operations in Mauritius, by reviewing processes and ensuring that adequate controls are in place to mitigate risk;
- Assist with complaint resolution and escalate client queries or issues.
- Actively look for opportunities to improve operational efficiencies: to improve service and to decrease cost, and pursue them;
- Actively manage unnecessary operational cost and take the required action where required;
- Responsible to drive process improvements and inspire the team to proactively contribute ideas for continuous improvement;
- Strong focus given to development, growth and knowledge of all operations team members.
- Cultivating effective and efficient team dynamics inspiring a high-performance culture with a common purpose;
- Management of working capital – timeous billing of work in progress and collection of debtors (supported by relevant central service functions);
- Take responsibility for the performance of the Clients Administration teams in Mauritius
- Provide leadership and guidance to the team leaders and team members in the Client Administration teams and motivate and encourage our talent, including conflict management, performance management and staff development;
- Lead, manage and support the Client Administration teams according to the agreed standards, which will include regular one-on-ones, KPI measurements and development plans discussions, team meetings, etc.
- Identify opportunities to drive process improvements and inspire the team to proactively contribute ideas for continuous improvement;
- Ensure that performance management and disciplinary action takes place when and where needed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Have a minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience within a regulated professional/financial services environment (specifically in respect of fund and/or other special licence structures);
- STEP Qualification, professional qualification like ICSA (Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administration) or recognised diploma in Law will be advantageous;
- Possessing an established and current network of industry contacts and/or experience of being actively involved in industry bodies will be considered an advantage; and
- Solid track record of leadership and/or management.
Competencies, Skills and Behaviours
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Excellent attention to detail, delivering work of a high standard.
- Proactive, solution focused with proven analytical and problem‐solving abilities.
- Team oriented with flexible approach.
- Ability to use initiative and work independently.
- Integrity, accountability and professionalism.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Able to structure work logically and efficiently and executes accordingly in a high-pressure environment.