AccountantAccount Management Accounting and Finance @Grayson Talent
Our client is a Management Company incorporated in Mauritius and licensed by the Financial Services Commission (“FSC”) to provide the services of formation, administration and management of global business companies, corporate trusteeship and business outsourcing services. The company services a wide base of clients including institutional investors, multinational corporations, high net worth individuals, family businesses, brokers, investment advisors and start-ups.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and coach a team of four accountants (Qualified and Partly Qualified).
- Oversee the accounting processes and make sure that all accounting duties are performed accurately and promptly.
- Ensure Tax and VAT returns are filed on a timely manner.
- Ensure monthly invoices accurately and on a timely manner.
- Ensure that the work being completed is of a high standard and does not contain errors.
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Manage the accounting software and other systems and ensure all information are kept up to date.
- Keep abreast of changes in the law/accounting standards and appraise Management and the Board of changes in accounting standards and how it affects the company’s accounts.
- Assist auditors during audits of the company and clients.
- Act as the main point of contact for MRA and other authorities.
- Ensure all filings to MRA, FSC, ROC, MIPA and other authorities are done within deadlines.
- Produce financial reports, schedules and analysis related to budget, accounts payables, accounts receivable, expenses, sales amongst others.
- Ensure the payroll of the company and clients are prepared accurately and on a timely manner.
- Ensure Bank, Debtors, Creditors’ and other control accounts are reconciled at the end of each month.
- Prepare monthly management accounts on a timely manner.
- Ensure proper monitoring of cash management and follow cash flow on a monthly basis and forecasted positions to provide sound working capital management.
- Analyse and review budgets and expenditures and monitor expenses closely and identify reasons for variances.
- Assist the CEO and the Board in developing strategies.
- Prepare and maintain updated budgets and forecast.
- Degree in Accounting and Finance or related qualifications.
- ACCA Level 2 and/or 3.
- 10 years professional experience.